It’ so great to have my mojo back. Pregnancy was like “blahhhhhhh” but postpartum is WONDERFUL. I hear Mum’s say “I can’t wait until they are walking, walking, this or that” but for me, I am so relishing in every moment of my little, not so newborn son.
He is 6 weeks old now. Already wearing cloth for a 3-6 month old, using his legs, head and vision with strength. And he has just about been dragged across the countryside, handling it like a trooper.
I hear a lot that women struggle to get out of the house with their newborns. And by no means do I criticise that because breastfeeding is hard, having little sleep is hard, working out what to wear is hard and for me most days remembering to eat is hard. But boy oh boy is it nice to feel like I have energy again.
These are the adventures we have been able to embark upon so far:
- Evendale markets (1 hr drive) ~ 5 days old
- George Town Sight Seeing (half hr drive) ~ 2 weeks old
- Deloraine and Liffy falls (2 hr drive and 45 min walk) ~ 3 weeks old
- Rock climbing ~ 3 weeks old
- Launceston play dates x 2 (1 hr drive) ~ 3 and 5 weeks old
- Derby sight seeing and lunch (2 hr drive) ~ 4 weeks old
- Holwell Gorge (half hr walk) ~ 5 weeks old
- Cataract Gorge (1 hr drive and 1 hr walk) ~ 5 weeks old
- Today at 6 weeks ~ first RUN!